Career Management Center
CHOP’s Career Management Center is an online resource, planning tool and community. The center provides CHOP staff convenient access to professional and career development resources. It also offers in-person educational and networking events throughout the CHOP network.
Career management is a self-initiated, life-long activity that can improve an individual’s job satisfaction, level of engagement and work productivity. The practice of career management is vital for staying current and confident in today’s rapidly-changing environment. We encourage all staff to proactively manage their career by pursuing goals, getting involved, building relationships, and developing skills and abilities for current and future performance.
Employees can access the Career Management Center when logged into the CHOP network.
Who should use the Career Management Center?
New employees can:
- Access the many educational opportunities that exist at CHOP
- Establish professional relationships and find knowledge experts across the organization via the Networking Center
- Build organization knowledge by becoming familiar with CHOP’s organizational structure and the many roles that contribute to the business
- Request information or feedback using the YourCareer@CHOP community
Employees seeking to enrich their career can:
- Set goals using the Career Plan Builder, which can be shared with your manager or other Career Supporters
- Learn what other employees are doing to enrich their jobs and careers by watching the motivational Career Stories series
- Initiate conversations with other employees using the YourCareer@CHOP community
- Seek the expertise of others to gain new knowledge and skills
- Share knowledge that can contribute to someone else’s development
Employees seeking to move into a leadership role can:
- Learn from those in leadership roles, either through professional networking or viewing Virtual Job Shadows and Career Stories
- Understand the professional skills and qualifications required for a desired leadership role
- Identify the areas one may need to develop to meet those qualifications
- Leverage educational resources associated with the CHOP Leadership Institute
- Enhance job-application competitiveness by improving professional skills and level of career preparedness
- Promote engagement by having routine dialog with each employee relating to goals, enrichment and growth opportunities
- Enhance your ability to provide guidance by understanding what’s available through the Career Management Center
- Become a Career Supporter by creating a profile in the Networking Center
- Participate in Career Management programming
Current employees: Access the Career Management Center.