At The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, our employees are our most valued asset. That’s why we’re committed to creating a healthy, flexible and productive work environment that allows for both a challenging career and the ability to meet your life responsibilities.
Our Work/Life Balance Initiative is designed to promote work/life balance to help provide our employees and their families with benefits and other assistance needed to improve their quality of life. This program offers a full range of services and programs. From keeping your job skills current, to finding someone to paint your house, to figuring out your finances, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia will partner with you to find a program, resource or tool that can help you achieve your work/life balance goals — so you can focus on your job.
- Adoption reimbursement - Financial assistance after the adoption of an infant or child.
- Alternative work arrangements - Flexible work arrangements are available for many of our positions.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - A confidential, short-term counseling service free of charge for our employees and their dependents.
- LifeBalance® Program - A confidential resource, referral and consultation service that is free to our employees and their families. Accessible by telephone or Internet, LifeBalance® can help with child care or elder care services, adoption or pregnancy, schooling, organizational skills, parenting, consumer issues, retirement or other concerns.
- Elder Care Solutions - A free confidential service of professional advice and assistance in helping to address concerns and identify resources for elder family members.
- Just-In-Case Program - An emergency and backup elder, adult, and child care program.
- Lactation Program - Discounts on pumping supplies. Medela pumps and private rooms are available at various locations.
- Monthly work/life balance seminars - Informational seminars on how to manage and maximize time.
- Support groups - Peer-to-peer and nonprofessional meetings.
- Wellness-at-Work Programs - Weight Watchers meetings, health screenings, discounted gym memberships and more.
- Credit union, banking or ATMs at most sites
- WageWorks - A monthly contribution toward your train, bus or subway fare.
- Travel and entertainment discounts
We believe that these programs can help our employees balance their work and life commitments.