The Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery offers a variety of services at locations throughout the region in addition to our Main Campus in Philadelphia, including our Specialty Care Centers in Pennsylvania (Bucks County, Exton or King of Prussia) and New Jersey (Atlantic County, Princeton or Voorhees).
Directions, maps and parking
Before your child's appointment, make sure you know your physician's name and the location of your scheduled appointment. Depending on who you are seeing during your visit, your appointments might take place in the Main Hospital or the Wood Center, both located on the Main Campus of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. For driving directions, maps and parking information, check out CHOP's Visitor Information section.
For more information about your appointment at one of our Specialty Care Centers, contact the location listed above or call our main information line at 215-590-2208 with any questions.
What to bring to your child's appointment
When you bring your child to his or her appointment in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, we may ask you for some or all of the following items and information. You can speed your visit by bringing them along. Please print out this checklist for your convenience, and be sure to let us know if you have any questions.
- Referring physician information, including name, address and phone number. If your family physician is different from your referring physician, please bring this information for both.
- Immunization (vaccination) records from your child's physician.
- Medications your child is taking. This can be a list or the actual bottles.
- Medical records, including X-rays and laboratory tests. If you aren't sure what is necessary, call us ahead of time to check.
- Medical history. This includes a brief written history of your child's condition or illness, including type and timing of symptoms, diagnosis and treatment to-date.
- Patient information, including your child's Social Security number, parent(s)' or legal guardian(s)' Social Security numbers, and a birth certificate if your child's name has been legally changed.
- Insurance information, including policy number, group number, any necessary referrals (please check with your insurance company), and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) papers if applicable.
- Bring along any other items you think will make your child's appointment more comfortable, such as books, small games, snacks, formula, diapers or a change of clothes.
Depending on your child's condition or injury, his or her doctor may need more tests to diagnose and evaluate it. These tests are often imaging studies, which can take a look inside your child's bones and skull. These imaging tests may include:
If your doctor asks you to schedule these tests before your next visit, we may ask you to call the Radiology department at 215-590-7000 to make your appointments.
Please note that you may need additional referral forms from your insurance company or your child's primary care doctor for these services. If your primary doctor is referring your child, your child may need to see a Children's Hospital physician before we can order any of these tests. Please let us know if you have any questions.