Vaccine information for healthcare audiences
Update on vaccines for healthcare audiences can be used in whole or in part to present vaccine-related information to healthcare audiences.
Vaccine learning module for educators
This learning module was designed to educate students about the immune system, vaccines and the diseases that vaccines prevent. Upon completion of the module, students should understand the scientific concepts surrounding these topics and be better consumers of science and health information. Objectives are:
- To foster students’ ability to think critically about what they have read
- To help students understand the effects of scientific discoveries on their own lives
- To encourage students to take responsibility for learning about their own health
The module consists of three lessons and a unit test:
- The Immune System: Designed to introduce students to the function of the immune system and some of its parts. The notes cover T cells, B cells and antibodies.
- Vaccines: Help students identify the vaccines that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends for infants, children, teens, and adults.
- Vaccine-preventable Diseases: Focus on the diseases prevented by vaccines and include information on routes of transmission, signs and symptoms, and complications.
- Unit test: This module includes a unit test, module evaluation and articles intended to encourage critical thinking about HPV vaccination, a much-discussed issue that is particularly relevant to students.
For students interested in science
These resources were compiled by the Vaccine Education Center to support the learning of students who are considering a career in science.