The “Vaccines: Separating Fact from Fear” and “Vaccines and Your Baby” videos are available on the DVD titled “Vaccines.” The DVD contains both English and Spanish versions of each movie and are available for purchase by both parents and healthcare providers.
Vaccines: Separating Facts from Fear
This 27-minute video answers questions many parents have about vaccines. The film also contains the stories of several parents whose children suffered vaccine-preventable diseases. Produced: 2001. This video is part of the Vaccines DVD, available for order by parents and healthcare providers.
Vaccines and Your Baby
This 28-minute video explains the basics of vaccines. You’ll learn about vaccines and how they work, the science behind vaccines, immunity, and 11 of the diseases that vaccines prevent. Parents of children who suffered vaccine-preventable diseases tell their stories. Produced: 2002. This video is part of the Vaccines DVD, available for order by parents and healthcare providers.
Talking About Vaccines With Dr. Paul Offit
Dr. Offit answers many common questions about vaccines during this video series:
- Why Do Newborns Get the Hepatitis B Vaccine?
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe?
- Do Babies Get Too Many Vaccines?
- Are Combination Vaccines Safe?
- What Vaccines Might My Child Need Before Starting School?
- Why Are Vaccines Required Before My Child Goes to School?
- How Do I Know If Other Children in My Child's Class Have Been Immunized?
- Why Is the HPV Vaccine Given to Children at 11-12 Years of Age?
- Can You Tell Me More About the Outbreaks of Meningitis on College Campuses?
- Why Does My Adolescent or Teen Need Vaccines?
- Are Vaccines Safe During Pregnancy?
- Which Adults Need a Tdap Vaccine?
- Do I Need to Avoid Being Around Infants After a Shingles Vaccine?
- Why Doesn't the Influenza Vaccine Work for More Than One Year?
Meningococcus can cause meningitis (inflammation of the lining of the brain) and sepsis (an infection of the bloodstream). The consequences of infection are often immediate and devastating. About 15 of every 100 people infected with meningococcus die within hours of becoming ill. This video will help you learn about meningococcus and why college students should get the meningococcal vaccine. It is available online only.
We would like to thank Cariad Chester, the intern who produced and directed this video as well as the cast, listed in order of appearance: Morgan Williams, Sean Bryant, Eddie Montenegro, Maddie Williams, Catherine Martlin, Jason Heo, Fernando Maldonado, Cariad Chester, Travis Mattingly, Kenyetta Givans, Zachary Kronstat, Josh Gregory, Ximena Violante, Tom Powers, Erin Curtis, Will Duncan, Sarah Vogelman, Isabel Newlin, Marjani Nairne, Sam Panepinto, John Oh, Eric Verhasselt, and Beth Kotarski. Produced: 2012.
This is a 17-minute video featuring four families faced with decisions about vaccines such as adopting children from another country, starting college, moving an elderly adult into the home, and fighting cancer. This video was a project of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Pennsylvania Immunization Coalition (PAIC), and several immunization coalitions from Southeastern Pennsylvania. An accompanying two-minute PSA features two of the stories. Order the video using this PAIC order form.