U.S. Open Road Closures
Our office will be open the week of the U.S. Open. The office hours will remain the same. The tournament activities run from June 10 to 16. The roads that will be closed for 24 hours a day will begin closure on June 9. Note that some roads will only be closed from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. starting on June 10. (See the list below).
Haverford Township provided the list below of roads that will be closed either partially or completely during the U.S. Open. Up to 25,000 spectators, plus vendors, support people and vehicles and media are expected to descend not just on the Merion Golf Club but on the entire region and township.
What roads will be closed?
The following roads will be closed 24 hours a day from June 9 to 16:
- Ardmore Avenue from Darby Road to Haverford Road
- Golf House Road from Ardmore Avenue to College Avenue
- Haverford Road from Ardmore Avenue to College Avenue
The following roads will be closed from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. from June 10 to June 16:
- College Avenue from Coopertown Road to Haverford Road (east bound)
- Dartmouth Lane (residents only, pass required)
- Ellis Road from Lawrence Road to Ardmore Avenue
- West Ardmore Avenue from Ellis Road to Darby Road
What roads will be open?
- Buck Lane
- College Avenue from Darby Road to Coopertown Road (to Coopertown School)
- Coopertown Road (north of College Avenue) Darby Road (entire length)
- Eagle Road