CHOP Physicians Receive Master Clinician Awards
December 22, 2009 — Five physicians were recently named winners of the 2009 Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Master Clinician Awards, recognizing their compassionate care, clinical excellence and collegiality. Recipients are:
- Allison Ballantine, MD, General Pediatrics; medical director, Integrated Care Service; section chief, Education, General Pediatrics
- Jacquelyn Evans, MD, Neonatology; medical director, Harriet and Ronald Lassin Newborn/Infant Intensive Care Unit; associate division chief, Neonatology
- Marie M. Gleason, MD, Cardiology; director, Outpatient and Community Cardiology; associate division chief, Outpatient Cardiology
- Daniel J. Licht, MD, Neurology; director, Neurovascular Imaging Lab
- Kim Smith-Whitley, MD, Hematology; clinical director, Hematology; director, Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center
Kevin E. Meyers, MD, chaired this year’s award committee. The recipients were selected on the advice of a committee composed of faculty and students.