Division of Dentistry
At of the the Division of Dentistry, we believe the health of your whole child — not simply your child's teeth — is paramount. The Division of Dentistry at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is staffed by board-certified/board-eligible pediatric dentists and oral and maxillofacial surgeons with many years of clinical experience. These experts offer comprehensive care for children with special medical, physical or emotional needs.
The Division works closely with Children's Hospital physicians and staff, particularly Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, to care for children whose cardiac condition places them at high risk for routine general anesthesia. Treatment is provided in our clinic as well as in the operating room under general anesthesia.
- Comprehensive inpatient oral healthcare for children from birth through 19 years of age with medical, physical or emotional disabilities.
- Care of children needing dental treatment in the operating room or with the use of conscious sedation.
- Consultation and treatment for congenital jaw deformity, infections of the teeth and maxillofacial area, jaw lesion and trauma.
- Our oral surgeons have special expertise in evaluation and removal of wisdom teeth, dental implants, orthognathic surgery and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) surgery.
- Outpatient dental care is provided at:
School of Dental Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
Robert Schattner Building
240 South 40th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104