As a nurse at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, you’ll embrace challenges, responsibilities and, ultimately, exciting rewards in a truly unique environment. CHOP offers the chance to participate in a team that is among the leaders in pediatric nursing today. Only the level of commitment and depth of resources we dedicate to helping children and their families outweigh the immeasurable contributions we’ve made to the many fields of care.
- Practicing family-centered care
Family-centered care is our hallmark, and is at the core of CHOP’s mission. This is abundantly clear in the interaction between hospital employees and families at every level — especially with our nursing staff.
You’ll play an essential role in our “bench to bedside” initiatives by furthering nursing innovations and putting those innovations into practice. That means you’ll grow professionally, while you help our successes grow as well.
Our entire staff strives to always remain at the forefront of pediatric healthcare, so the difference you make will be a difference that truly matters.
- Entry-level RN positions
We prefer that you have already graduated from a BSN program at the time you apply. The application for graduates through December 2015 will be available from November 15 through November 22, 2015. Spring 2016 graduates are invited to apply in February 2016 when the application reopens. To apply, please browse our job openings and search for Requisition #15-38253.
If you have more than 12 months of applicable nursing experience, we would consider you an experienced nurse and invite you to browse our current openings.
- Student Extern Program: 10 weeks of experience to enhance your future
At The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, nurses have a rare opportunity to be instrumental in caring for the entire family in a dynamic and ever-growing setting. We invite you, the nursing student, to become part of our professional family.
As a member of our Nurse Extern Program, you will experience innovative thinking, practice models and unique resources firsthand — and establish a foundation for clinical excellence.
Our paid, 10-week program enables you to:
- Refine your nursing skills
- Get acquainted with the clinical setting on a variety of units
- Apply academic knowledge to practice
- Work with nurse preceptors
- Participate in educational seminars
- Current enrollment in NLNAC and/or CCNE accredited BSN program
- Completion of junior year
- Must be entering senior year in September 2016 or graduating from BSN program December 2016
- Must be available for entire 10-week period (May 31, 2016 – August 3, 2016)
- GPA of 3.4 or higher
Application process and timeline
- Application available online from November 28, 2015 through December 13, 2015
- To apply, visit www.chop.edu/careers and search for job posting requisition 15-38236
- Nursing students: Credit for your education
If you're a student looking for credit for your nursing education, contact our Educational Nurse Specialist.
- High school students: Lunch With A Nursing Professional
If you’d like to learn more about nursing, consider attending the Hospital’s program, Lunch With A Nursing Professional. Students will gather in front of a panel of CHOP nurses for a 40-minute Q&A session, followed by small a group lunch with a nurse and tour of the Hospital. Contact us for more information.