Inpatient Pathway for Treatment of the Febrile Young Infant
The Goals of the Inpatient Febrile Young Infant Clinical Pathway are
- Provide evidence-based, best practice care to all young infants admitted
to CHOP who present with fever.
- Improve the safety and efficiency of care for well appearing febrile
young infants (0-56 days) by standardizing management decisions.
- Improve efficiency and communication amongst the healthcare team.
- Educate physicians and nurses about the care of febrile young infants.
- Hospital length of stay
- Number of patients with SBI, type of SBI