The Keystone of our Educational Programs
The pediatric residency program at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is the keystone of our educational programs and our patient care system. Residents are central to the missions the CHOP Care Network, and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. We have a diverse patient population, outstanding facilities and a superb faculty. Many books, articles and pediatric leaders have emerged from our training program. We have been pleased to have received national recognition for our Hospital and, specifically, for the Department of Pediatrics.
The program is balanced, flexible and supportive, including the following highlights:
- Our curriculum gives equal weight to primary care and subspecialty education, because we want to give every trainee a solid core. Who knows where you career may lead? You need preparation for anything and everything.
- CHOP is not only a national and international referral center, but also serves the Eastern Pennsylvania and South Jersey communities, providing a range of patient experiences.
- Our flexible program is constantly searching for new and better ways to teach. We offer a complete variety of tracks and pathways, with six months of elective time built into the common program so you can tailor your course of study.
- With the large number of residents enrolled, there are many ways to meet the personal/family and professional needs of every individual.
- Our residents consistently report that they feel supported, from their peers to department chairs to chief administrators. We listen to and appreciate the roles of housestaff, and have mentoring systems, annual retreats, regular housestaff meetings, resident representation on all committees and more
Please take a few moments to explore this site to learn how you might fit in to the future of pediatric care.