Continuing Education Accreditation
Thank you for your interest in offering CE credit for your program.
Please find below the list of documents that must be completed in order to offer CE credits. The most important item is the 2010-2011 Application which must be submitted in the planning stages of the event. The application and marketing materials must be approved before any brochures or announcements are circulated.
The Department of Psychology at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Members of the Department of Psychology will be issued certificates free of charge and anyone outside of the Department of Psychology will be charged $20 per certificate. These credits may be applied to Social Workers yearly requirements.
Requirements for application of CE Credits
- Fill out the 2010-2011 Application for APA Credit. This should be submitted to Janice Harper as soon as you decide to offer CE credits. Once your application has been approved, then you can move forward with your Program Brochure/Schedule. There are three pages to this application.
- Each presenter must fill out the Declaration of Disclosure and the Form for Current Materials with References. (The financial disclosures must be listed on promotional materials.)
- A list will be provided of all documentation that must be included in the Brochure/Announcements. Please send Janice Harper a copy of the brochure BEFORE it goes to print, so that it can be approved.
- If you are having a series of lectures, then a Needs Assessment Survey is required. One-time conferences do not need to submit the needs assessment survey.
- Please note the new Procedure for Dealing with Complaints.
- Statistical Reports are to be returned with your final paperwork.
- Also attached is a guide to writing Behavioral Learning Objectives.
- When you are submitting your list of participants, please include their e-mail address. We will send a PDF of their certificate to their e-mail address as opposed to their mailing address. We will be emailing certificates because many are returned with no forwarding address.
For questions regarding CE credits, please call Janice Harper at 215-590-9154.