Naturally Gluten-Free Foods
Staff from The Center for Celiac Disease at CHOP have compiled a list of naturally gluten-free foods to help families make good food choices for their children with celiac disease.
Eating gluten-free can sometimes get expensive, particularly if you are purchasing specialty products. There are a large number of naturally gluten-free foods that won’t break the bank. Here are a few of the many naturally gluten-free foods out there.
- Ice cream
- Poultry (i.e. chicken, turkey)
Sample gluten-free menu
- Breakfast — egg omelet with cheese, strawberries and blueberries, orange juice
- Lunch — rice cake with peanut butter, cheese stick, raisins, milk
- Snack — carrots with hummus
- Dinner — tacos with ground turkey or beef, lettuce, tomato, cheese, black beans, milk
- Breakfast — gluten-free rice cereal, banana, milk
- Lunch — lunch meat and cheese rollup, orange, sliced peppers, yogurt, 100-percent juice
- Snack — tortilla chips with salsa
- Dinner — chicken, rice, broccoli, milk, ice cream
For more information or to schedule an appointment with the Center for Celiac Disease at CHOP, please call 215-590-3076.
Reviewed by: Kara Feigenbaum, RD, CDE, LDN
Date: February 2013