The following evaluation appointments are available through the Center of Childhood Communication: speech and language, stuttering, voice, and augmentative communication.
Outpatient speech and language or stuttering evaluation
To request an appointment for a speech and language or stuttering evaluation:
- Complete the Speech and Language Evaluation Questionnaire. If you prefer to have the questionnaire mailed or emailed to you, please call 800-551-5480. Please complete the evaluation questionnaire if:
- You wish to schedule a speech and language, stuttering, or voice evaluation.
- If your child needs a re-evaluation and was seen for a speech and language evaluation at CHOP more than one year ago.
- Fax the completed questionnaire and other relevant records to 267-426-0699 or 267-426-5934, or mail it to:
The Children’s Hospital at The Wanamaker Building
100 Penn Square East
6th Floor – Access Center
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Attn: Speech Intake Coordinators
- You will receive a call to schedule the appointment at your desired location or the first available location. You can call 800-551-5480 to follow up once you have sent in your completed questionnaire.
- Contact your insurance provider(s) to verify your insurance benefits/coverage. Speech and language evaluation and/or therapy may or may not be a covered benefit for certain insurance plans.
If your child was seen at CHOP within the past year for a speech and language or stuttering evaluation, call 800-551-5480 to schedule a re-evaluation (a new questionnaire does not need to be completed).
Download frequently asked questions about outpatient speech and language services»
Augmentative and alternative communication evaluation
Please call 215-590-7462 to schedule an augmentative and alternative communication evaluation. You will be asked to submit your child’s records, including a recent speech and language evaluation report and Individualized Education Program (IEP)/Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
If your child has not had a recent speech and language evaluation, one must be scheduled before the augmentative and alternative communication evaluation. Please see "Outpatient speech and language or stuttering evaluation" above. The results of this speech and language evaluation will provide valuable information in preparing for an augmentative and alternative communication evaluation.
If you have any questions, please call the Speech Intake Coordinators at 800-551-5480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.