Welcome to the Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. We are the largest facility in the tri-state region offering comprehensive care to children with developmental disabilities, conditions or chronic illness. Our therapies include audiology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech and language therapy. All are available on an outpatient basis.
Children with a variety of developmental and behavioral disorders receive inpatient and outpatient care at our facility. Outpatient care is available to children who are medically stable but require intensive intervention.
Our multidisciplinary team includes physicians and psychologists in the Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics and therapists at Children's Seashore House of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Our programs and services
We offer the following programs. Depending upon your child's needs and treatment plan, she may see specialists from one or more of them.
- The Child Development Program evaluates and follows children who have developmental disabilities or who are at risk for them.
- The Behavioral Pediatrics Program evaluates and treats common mild to moderate behavioral difficulties.
- The Regional Autism Center is the region's largest and most comprehensive center for diagnosing and treating autistic spectrum disorders.
- The Center for the Management of ADHD provides multidisciplinary diagnostic and management services for children with attention and/or learning difficulties.
As a leading research institution, we quickly bring scientific discoveries into the clinical setting and community to improve care. Some of our current research studies include:
- Studies of the use of the ketogenic diet to control epilepsy
- Cognitive studies of the development of mathematical competence in normal children and in those with congenital defects
- Studies of language development in children with inherited syndromes
- Clinical studies of standard and novel medications to control hyperactivity in children with ADHD
- Development and implementation of new methods for the diagnosis and management of patients with autistic spectrum disorders
- Development of novel strategies to prevent violence in the school setting
For more information
If you would like more information about our services, please contact email@example.com. You can make an appointment by calling the appropriate center on our Appointments page.