How to Apply
Applications will be accepted starting July 1, 2013 for the academic year beginning July 1, 2014. The deadline for applications is November 15, 2013, but interviews and acceptance will be granted on a rolling basis. You may apply by downloading the PPTP application. Print the application, complete the appropriate fields and mail the application to the address listed at the end of the application form. We also ask you to consider completing the optional diversity addendum.
Instructions for application
Physicians who are United States citizens or permanent residents and have at least two years of postgraduate training are eligible to apply.
The following should be sent to Carmen Johnson, Fellowship Program Coordinator:
- Completed application with photograph
- A personal statement, no longer than two pages, describing your research interests, career goals and how the PPTP program will help to achieve your goals
- Three supporting letters of reference
- A letter from your residency program or subspecialty fellowship director
- Your Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications (if applicable)
- Official transcripts from all degree granting institutions you have attended. These must be sent directly from the institution to our office
- Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the USMLE, taken within the seven year time frame as required by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or equivalent scores
- If a graduate of a medical school outside the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico, a valid ECFMG certificate or one that does not expire prior to the start of the fellowship
- If not a citizen or non-citizen national of the United States, verification of permanent residency status.
- You must simultaneously apply to the University of Pennsylvania MSCE program.