Welcome to the Cystic Fibrosis Center
The Cystic Fibrosis Center is an integral part of the Division of Pulmonary Medicine at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
Recognized as a model program and for outstanding QI processes and accomplishments
The Cystic Fibrosis Center is accredited for care, teaching and research by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and has been described by the Foundation as “a truly outstanding program which can serve as a model for all academic cystic fibrosis programs.”
The Center was selected as one of the 2011 recipients of the annual Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Quality Care Award: Recognizing Outstanding QI Processes and Accomplishments.
To be considered for the award, an organization must:
- Show sustained quality improvement work that improved outcomes
- Use clinical outcomes data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Document results of improvement efforts
- Involve patients and families in identifying, designing and implementing improvement efforts
- Employ innovative strategies to improve care processes and outcomes
- Implement system changes that result in high reliability of care processes
Treatment, education and research
- Integrated, multidisciplinary care for children with cystic fibrosis and their families
- Educational programs for health professionals
- Research focused on improved treatments
Comprehensive clinical services
Our clinical services range from evaluation and diagnosis to treatment, including emphases on:
- Promoting normal growth and development
- Slowing the progression of cystic fibrosis (CF) disease
- Prevention and treatment of complications
- Helping the family integrate even the most complex care regiments into their daily life
- Education of both the family and community care providers
To request an appointment, please call us at 215-590-3749. For illness or emergencies after regular office hours, call 215-590-1000 and ask the operator to page the Pulmonary fellow on call.