Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition

Transition to Adult Healthcare: College and Employment

As a teenager or young adult with a chronic condition, you have many things to consider when choosing a college or a job. Do you choose a college that is close to home or far away? Is there a good hospital near the school you are looking to attend? Or if you are going right into the work force, when do you tell your employer about your condition? What types of benefits are important to look for?

Hear some advice from young adults and their pediatric and adult care teams as they look at the road ahead and how to prepare.


Here is what you need to know

504 plan

The 504 plan is a document outlining reasonable accommodations and services you may need because of your health condition. It helps students with disabilities pursue the same educational opportunities as everyone else.




  • Print
  • Share

Contact Us

To schedule or change an appointment, please call


For other questions or information, please call