Cancer Cytogenetics Laboratory
The Cancer Cytogenics Laboratory provides standard and molecular cytogenetic analysis of hematologic and solid tumor specimens. The staff works closely with members of the Division of Oncology and the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
Molecular cytogenetic testing studies
- Analysis for leukemia-associated translations, including BCR-ABL, MLL (11q23) rearrangements,
PML-RARa and TEL-AML1
- Detection of gene fusions seen in association with rhabdomyosarcoma (PAX-FKHR) and Ewing's sarcoma (EWS)
- Analysis of 1p36 deletions and MYCN amplification in neuro- blastoma biopsies
- Deletion analysis of malignant brain tumors
- Deletion and mutation analysis of INI1 in rhabdoid tumors
Fresh, frozen and formalin-fixed tissues may be submitted depending on the test being requested.
For more information, call 215-590-5257.