Providing comprehensive, family-centered care to children with acute and chronic conditions
Children's Hospital Home Care, within The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), is dedicated to providing comprehensive, family-centered care to patients in their homes. Home Care is an alternative to hospitalization for many children with acute and chronic medical conditions. Our program serves as an extension of the care delivered in the outpatient setting.
Our multidisciplinary team of more than 75 experienced healthcare professionals provides an important link in the continuum of care between CHOP and the community. We strive to deliver safe, quality care to patients from infancy to young adulthood to improve their health outcomes and their quality of life.
Who we are
- A comprehensive pediatric home care provider within CHOP
- Accredited by the Joint Commission for Home Health, Home Infusion, Clinical/Consultant Pharmacist, Pharmacy Dispensing Services, Clinical Respiratory Services, and Home Medical Equipment
- Certified by Medicare and Medicaid
- Part of an organization that has twice earned the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence. Studies have proved that health organizations with Magnet status have lower mortality and morbidity rates, better patient outcomes and a shorter length of stay.
- Available 24 hours a day/seven days a week.
To learn more about us, see our program or meet our team.
Who we serve
- Patients from infancy to adulthood. Young adult patients who have a chronic illness will be followed by Home Care regardless of age, as long as it is medically indicated and the patient is followed by a physician within the CHOP Care Network.
- Children with a variety of chronic illnesses such as cancer, cardiac and pulmonary illnesses and issues related to prematurity. For a list of some of the frequent illnesses we manage in Home Care, see conditions we treat.
- Patients in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
By the numbers
Children's Hospital Home Care serves:
- More than 900 home health nursing patients each year
- More than 1,800 home infusion patients each year
- More than 7,600 patients with home medical and respiratory equipment each year
- More than 45,000 patients since 1989
Services we provide
We provide access to coordination of Home Care services, equipment and therapies to inpatients and outpatients of CHOP and other healthcare providers.
- Nursing visits
- Infusion therapy
- Enteral feedings
- Injectable medications
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Respiratory therapy services and equipment
- Disease management services
For a full listing of Home Care services, see our services.
For referrals or for more information about Children's Hospital Home Care, call 1-800-866-1242 or contact us online.
Reviewed by: Lori Kramer, RN
Date: August 2012