Almost two-thirds of trampoline injuries occur in children ages 6 to 14. Most of the injuries happen when more than one person is on the trampoline at the same time.
Common trampoline injuries
- Broken bones
- Concussions or head injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Bruises, cuts, scrapes
- Chest injuries
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
Trampoline safety tips
- Allow only one person at a time on the trampoline
- Set ground rules and always have an adult present to enforce them
- Do not attempt back flips or somersaults
- Avoid jumping too high
- Keep the trampoline in an open area away from trees, concrete, fences, etc.
- Stay in the center of the trampoline
- Always use a safety net around the trampoline