2014 Global Health Conference
Exploring the Health Gap: Global Gender Disparities and the Impact on Girls
Save the Date
Nov. 3-4, 2014
Colket Translational Research Building
Call for abstracts
- Abstract Submission Deadline: Monday, Sept. 1, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST
- Abstract submission opens: Monday, May 5, 2014
- Abstract submission deadline: Monday, Sept. 1, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: Sept. 15, 2014
- Conference: Nov. 3-4, 2014
Submit your abstract »
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Global Health Center is accepting abstracts related to global health and global gender disparities. Abstracts in the categories of original research, program evaluation and clinical care will be considered. Submitted abstracts should address one or more of the following conference themes:
- Gender and/or health disparities
- Social determinants of health (education, child marriage, trafficking, poverty)
- Adolescent and reproductive health
- Pediatric global health topics (malnutrition, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, malaria, pneumonia)
- Mental health in global settings
- Other (global health)
Abstract selection process
Abstracts will be selected for presentation based on quality, merit, and relatedness with the conference themes. Projects may be in various states of development. Abstracts will be accepted for platform (oral) presentations as well as poster presentations. Abstracts submitted may be considered for either format at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee.
Platform and poster presentation format
- Presentation forms (platform or poster) are determined upon review in September 2014 by the Abstract Review Committee.
- Platform presentations are 15-minutes (10 minutes for presentation; 5 minutes for discussion)
- Poster sessions total 2 hours in length and consist of a general viewing and author attendance period. Instructions for the preparation of slides and posters (including format and size) will be provided to the contact author with the presentation notification in September 2014.
General submission policies
- Electronic submission deadline is Monday, September 1, 2014, 11:59 EST Time
- Only abstracts submitted using the OFFICIAL submission website will be accepted.
- All abstracts should be submitted in a structured format.
- There is no limit on the number of abstracts submitted by each author, but the submission of multiple, similar abstracts from the same investigator(s) is discouraged.
- Abstracts submitted or presented at other meetings can be submitted for consideration
- The submitting author verifies upon submission that All Authors have agreed to the submission of the abstract
- Abstract submissions are open to students, researchers and clinicians.
- Paid Registration is REQUIRED to attend the conference and present a platform or poster presentation. Submission of an abstract DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY REGISTER YOU for the conference.
Notification of acceptance
Notification of abstract acceptance status will be emailed to the contact author listed on the abstract after September 15, 2014. If you have not received notification by September 20, please contact the Global Health Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional assistance.
All conference presenters are required to register for the 2014 CHOP Global Health Conference and pay the general registration fee. After July 2014, online registration will be available on the CHOP Global Health Conference website: http://www.chop.edu/service/international-medicine/global-health/conference/. Early bird registration closes on October 1st. Late & Onsite registration fees are higher.
Presenters of accepted abstracts should notify the Global Health Center (email@example.com) as soon as possible if they must cancel their presentation.
Online submission notes
Submit your abstract to The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Global Health Conference using our online form.