Global Health Residency Program Goals
Complete a comprehensive curriculum
Pediatric residents graduate from the residency program at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia with a broad understanding and knowledge of important topics in Global Pediatric Healthcare.
- The Global Health Program provides an ongoing lecture series covering a wide array of global health topics in pediatric medicine given by attending physicians and other noted speakers.
- The Global Health Program supports a resident run journal club throughout the academic year discussing current academic articles related to global issues in pediatric healthcare.
- The Global Health Program seeks out and encourages additional educational activities that enrich the educational aspects of the Global Health Program such as Grand Rounds speakers, the Global Health Symposium and other educational events.
- Residents have opportunities to participate in valuable global health care experience by completing a Global Health Elective in a partner country.
Expand horizons with electives
Global Health Electives provide residents with an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge of the issues facing children in global health settings.
- Global Health Electives will be carefully chosen and approved by the resident and the Director of Global Health.
- Global Health Electives partner residents with programs that not only benefit the learner, but also the partner community or country. Each resident must prepare detailed and specific learning goals and objectives for the elective.
- Residents have an identified pediatric supervisor for their Global Health Elective.
- Residents receive an evaluation during and at the completion of their elective which becomes part of the educational portfolio in the residency program.
- Residents complete an academic activity upon completion of their elective in order to share the knowledge and experience gained with the broader residency program.