The Neonatology Division, through the Neonatal Outreach Program, keeps in contact with referring physicians through regular communication via our print newsletter as well as phone and in-person interactions.
Our newsletter, Neonatology News, spotlights new programs and services for neonates at CHOP and throughout our affiliate hospitals. Our hope is that the clinical and research advances in neonatology we share may be of interest to you in the management of your patients.
Recent issues of Neonatology News include:
Join us in celebrating five decades of milestones and memories in the Newborn/Infant Intensive Care Unit at CHOP. View our slide show retrospective.
- CHOP N/IICU celebrates 50 Years of specialized care
- An inside look at neonatal craniofacial care
- Excellence in ECMO
- CHOP opens state-of-the-art Human Milk Management Center
- CHOP Newborn Care expands
- On the move: N/IICU leadership changes
- Save the date: 8th Annual Advances in Neonatology Conference (Nov. 2, 2012)
- Recent publications
The Newborn and Infant Chronic Lung Disease Program provides comprehensive treatment of infants to achieve the best outcomes.
- Newborn and Infant Chronic Lung Disease Program: Improving care for a complex condition
- Advancing research to guide care: Research about chronic lung disease
- Case study: Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Case study: Stickler syndrome
- Advances in craniofacial surgery in neonates: Mandibular distraction osteogenesis revisited
- Recent publications
The Neonatal Airway team often treats saccular cysts (left), airway hemangiomas (center) and subglottic stenosis (right).
- Multidisciplinary Neonatal Airway Program
- Making the neonatal intensive care unit a safer place
- Safety data for the Newborn/Infant Intensive Care Unit at CHOP
• Central line-associated bloodstream infection rate
• Hand hygiene compliance rate
• Unplanned extubations per 1,000 ventilator days
- New bone health program for neonates
- Novel approach to treat complex infantile hemangiomas
- Case study: A mysterious rash
- CHOP newborn care update
Simulation training at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Picture perfect: CHOP pioneers use of ultra-low-dose CT angiography with 3-D reconstruction
- Case study: Right congenital diaphragmatic hernia and pulmonary hypertension
- Other uses for CTA in neonates
- Advances in neonatal genetics
- CHOP launches intestinal rehabilitation program
- Simulation training: New space, new approach
- Research: CHOP helps create first-of-its-kind database to benchmark quality of care and outcomes
- Case report: Neonatal infectious disease
- Calendar of events: Upcoming dinner lectures and conferences
We are here to support you. For more information, contact Neonatology at CHOP at 215-590-3083 or use our online contact form.
Updated November 2012