Social Worker

While in the Newborn/Infant Intensive Care Unit (N/IICU) a social worker who specializes in perinatal social work may speak with you and your family.

What does a social worker do for families and babies in the N/IICU?

How can a social worker help me support my baby?

Social workers recognize that you, as a parent, are an essential part of the team. They can help you:

Qualifications of a social worker

Social workers have a graduate degree in social work that includes specialized training in counseling, child development and accessing community resources. They have many years experience helping families cope with the unique challenge of having a baby in the N/IICU.

Social workers have expertise in helping families cope with the stressors of everyday living and stay current on new learning to provide the best care to children and their families.

The social work department is happy to answer any questions you may have about its services and resources for parents.

Meet our team

Social Work Supervisor in N/IICU

Elissa Truitt, MSSA, LSW

Social Workers

Mariah Corcoran, MSW, LSW
Monica Figlarz, MSW

Contact us

As a partner on your child’s healthcare team, feel free to contact Elissa Truitt, MSSA, LSW, at 215-590-2118 or email her at

Updated April 2012

  • Print
  • Share

Contact Us