Nursing at CHOP
For more than 150 years, nursing at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia has been central to the exceptional care we provide to patients and their families. The Children's Hospital was the birthplace of pediatric nursing education, housing the Ingersoll School from 1895 to 1945. Our nurses today carry on that legacy.
Nursing at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia:
- Is recognized for excellence through our designation as a Magnet institution by the American Nurses Credentialing Center — a distinction held by less than 6 percent of healthcare institutions nationwide.
- Contributes to our ranking by U.S.News & World Report as the No. 1 children's hospital in the country.
- Advances nursing practice through evidence-based research work.
- Is an integral element of the healthcare team.
- Provides career opportunities ranging from highly specialized inpatient units to suburban primary care outpatient offices in a two-state network
Happy Nurses Week!
During nurses week, we want to show our appreciation for the nurses who help make our kids all better. See what our patients had to say about our nurses - their superheros!