What to Bring
A Checklist for Your Child's Orthopedic Appointment
- Appointment information:
Wood Pediatric Ambulatory Care Center floor/room #
- Name and telephone number of your referring doctor:
- Name and telephone number of your family doctor (if different from above):
Immunization records (your child's shots)
- Medications your child is taking (this can be a list or the actual bottles)
- Medical records, such as X-rays or lab tests. (If you aren't sure what is necessary, call the doctor you have the appointment with to check.)
It would also be helpful to jot down a brief history of your child's illness, such as when he or she first showed symptoms, what the symptoms were and any diagnosis and treatment so far.
- Social Security number of patient and parent with the insurance coverage:
SS# parent(s)/legal guardian(s)
- Birth certificate if child's name has been legally changed.
- Insurance information and cards.
- Other items:
Books, small games, snacks, formula, diapers or a change of baby clothes.