Welcome to the Pediatric Advanced Care Team
Welcome to the Pediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT) at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for children with life-limiting conditions and that of their families.
We provide palliative care that is focused on the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of children and their families. Many programs throughout the Hospital, including the Cancer Center, use our services.
We work to accomplish our mission by:
- Facilitating communication between patients, family members, and health care providers
- Assisting families in decisions that best reflect the values and preferences of the patients and family members
- Improving patients' and families' quality of life
- Improving the management of symptoms that cause discomfort
- Providing emotional, social, spiritual, and bereavement support
- Promoting the continuity of care for patients and their families
- Delivering effective educational programs to health care staff
- Conducting research to better inform how we can best care for children with life-limiting conditions and support their families.