APP Clinical Fellowship Program
The Advanced Practice Provider Clinical Fellowship Program is a one-year, post-graduate program designed for new graduate advanced practice providers (CRNPs and PAs) at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
The program provides fellows with:
- A solid foundation to build their advanced practice career in the nation’s first children’s hospital
- Comprehensive experience including:
- Hands-on learning in clinical areas
- Consistent mentoring and feedback
- Didactic sessions
- Simulation experiences focusing on clinical patient management and effective communication
- Opportunities to rotate to multiple different clinical practice environments
Areas of focus include:
- Critical Care, including the Pediatric ICU, Progressive Care Unit and Cardiac ICU
- Acute Care, including inpatient GI, rehab, medical behavioral unit, cardiac care unit and other inpatient acute care areas
Fellows will spend nine months rotating to all practice areas in a cohort, and the last three months in an elective rotation.
Fellows are employees of Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, with a trainee salary and full benefits.
Thanks for your interest in the APP Clinical Fellowship programs at CHOP. Currently the APP Fellowship program is not accepting applications at this time. Please check back often for any updates as they become available and reach out to the Center for Advanced Practice at APPCareers@chop.edu with additional questions.
Tobacco-free hiring policy
To help preserve and improve the health of our patients, their families and our employees, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia has a tobacco-free hiring policy. This policy applies to all candidates for employment (other than those with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey) for all positions, including those covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Job applicants who apply after July 1, 2014, will be expected to sign an attestation stating they’ve been free of nicotine or tobacco products in any form for the prior thirty (30) days. They will also undergo a cotinine test as a part of the Occupational Health pre-placement drug screen administered after the offer of employment has been accepted but before the first day of hire.
Exemptions: Attending physicians (excluding CHOP physicians in the Care Network), psychologists, principal investigators and/or Penn-based faculty are exempt from this process to better align with our colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine.