Your Child's Appointment With the ChILD Center
If you are interested in scheduling an evaluation with the ChILD Center, or if you would like more information about our program, please contact the Division of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine at 215-590-3749.
To help us schedule your evaluation as soon as possible, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Patient’s name
- Patient’s date of birth
- Your name
- Your relationship to the patient
- Preferred phone number and best time to call
- Email address
- Home address (including house or apartment number, street, city, state, zip code)
Health insurance information
- Patient’s health insurance carrier and contact information
- Group and plan identifiers
- Patient’s individual health insurance ID number (ask your insurance provider for guidance if you don’t know where to find this information)
- Has the patient seen a doctor or visited a health facility? If so, please provide the name of the doctor, location of the facility and date of last visit.
- Has the patient received a previous medical diagnosis? If yes, what was the diagnosis?
- If this is the first time you are seeking medical attention, please explain (in your own words) what is wrong with the patient.
- How urgently do you think the patient should be seen?
Preparing for your appointment
As you prepare for your first visit to the Children’s Interstitial and Diffuse Lung Disease (ChILD) Center, we ask that you collect as much of the following information as possible.
Please refer to this list for examples of the information we’ll request that you bring to your first visit, if available. Your primary care physician and other doctors should be able to help you collect many of these records.
- Complete and most recent medical history and physical records
- Current health insurance information
- Inpatient records from any previous hospital admissions
- Most recent outpatient clinic visit records
- Most recent consultations for any related pulmonary conditions
- Most recent blood work, imaging results or any other relevant medical test results