About the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
The Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is among the largest, most active children’s plastic surgery centers in the United States. We are dedicated to giving children the individualized care they need in a family-centered manner utilizing the most up-to-date, evidence-based therapies. Our reputation attracts families from around the world to Philadelphia, and we have developed pathways of care for those who travel from great distances.
“CHOP is a beautiful and special place.”
Conditions related to plastic and reconstructive surgery
CHOP’s pediatric plastic surgeons have vast experience treating the full spectrum of plastic surgical problems — from the routine to the rare. View a list of the conditions we treat at the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Addressing the needs of children
The Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery recognizes that surgical management of children and adolescents requires a unique approach, and our specialists frequently collaborate with other disciplines in order to optimize care. The focus of our multidisciplinary clinics is to ensure that we are treating the child as a whole, addressing physical, emotional, and familial aspects of care.
Psychosocial support for kids with congenital or acquired appearance differences
Our dedicated clinical psychologists and social worker are an integral part of all of our specialized programs. The support they offer helps to maximize your child’s well-being at home, school and in your community.
“The team at CHOP did so much for us. Our daughter is thriving now.”
Our multi-specialty team sees patients at our University City Campus in Philadelphia. For the convenience of our patients and families, team members are also available at CHOP Care Network locations in:
- Chalfont, PA (Bucks County)
- Exton, PA
- Glenn Mills, PA (Brandywine Valley)
- King of Prussia, PA
- Lancaster, PA
- Plainsboro, NJ
- Voorhees, NJ (Virtua)
- Cleft Lip and Palate Program: Our Cleft Lip and Palate Program is one of the oldest and largest in the nation. Patients with cleft lip and palate benefit from an integrated treatment approach that brings together the many specialties that they might need in the long-term care and management of their condition.
- Craniofacial Program: Our program is one of the nation’s leading treatment programs for children with both congenital and acquired anomalies of the face and skull. Our team has pioneered craniofacial surgical techniques and features one of the largest and most experienced teams dedicated to evaluating and treating these complex conditions in children and adolescents.
- Craniofacial and Special Needs Orthodontics Clinic: CHOP’s craniofacial orthodontics team has extensive experience treating patients with craniofacial differences and special needs, such as cleft lip and palate, hemifacial microsomia and craniosynostosis.
- Breast and Chest Wall Disorders Program: Boys and girls with breast and chest wall disorders are diagnosed and treated through our program. Evaluation includes, when indicated, a full medical and endocrine evaluation, as well as evaluation by a psychologist when the breast condition has affected the child socially or psychologically.
- Facial Motion Disorders Program: We evaluate and treats children with facial nerve palsy and other motion disorders. Our multidisciplinary team of plastic surgeons, ophthalmologists, occupational therapists and speech therapists will evaluate and develop the best treatment plan for our patients.