Immune System Learning Module
This lesson may satisfy the following:
- National Science Education Content Standards for Unifying concepts and processes in science related to systems, order and organization as well as form and function; content standard C - Life Sciences.
- Pennsylvania secondary standard for Biological Sciences 3.1.12A6: Analyze how cells in different tissues/organs are specialized to perform specific functions
- Presentation [PPT, 1.6MB] or PDF version [PDF, 2.2MB]
- Lecture notes [PDF, 158KB]
- Vocabulary [PDF, 107KB]
- Activities [PDF, 142KB]
- Crossword [PDF, 176KB] and crossword answer key [PDF, 147KB]
- Quiz and quiz answers [PDF, 110KB]
- Helpful links [PDF, 58KB]
Test and evaluation
If you have completed all three learning modules, download the unit test for your students to complete. Also, please take a few minutes to fill out the evaluation form and send it to us; we are very interested in your feedback.
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.