Abuse, Physical — Photodocumentation — Clinical Pathway: Emergency, Outpatient Specialty Care and Primary Care
Photo Documentation Tips
- Do take photos of any injury visible on physical examination
- Do photograph each injury separately
- Do take a photograph of the injury at a distance, followed by a close-up photograph
- Do NOT take only close-up photos without wider angle photos of each injury.
- Remember that what appears obvious to you in the room with the patient may not be identifiable to you months or years later.
- Do review your photographs to be sure that both the injury and body part are identifiable to a provider who has not seen the patient in person
- Do use a size standard or ruler in close-up photographs
- Prior to completing exam, please photo document. Confirm that photos accurately represent the finding(s) you are concerned about.
Haiku/Canto Information and Materials — View Materials