Coronavirus Updates: Center for Rehabilitation
Updated November 23
"Is It Safe to Seek Care for my Child?"
As we navigate this difficult and unusual time together, please know that we in CHOP Center for Rehabilitation are here for you. Your child’s ongoing care is just as important now as it was before the pandemic began. Don’t delay care. We are confident that we can safely provide the care your child needs. The current surge in cases happening nationwide has not impacted our ability to care for your child.
We are open and safe, and currently seeing patients for all types of appointments. CHOP continues to take many precautions to support broader public health efforts to reduce the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We are monitoring the situation closely and adapting our policies as needed to ensure the continued safety of our patients, families and staff.
We will continue to update our families regularly with key information. Read below for more details about the many precautions in place to keep you, your children and our staff safe, and what to expect when you come in to see us.
At this time, our providers are scheduling in-person visits for essential appointments that we cannot effectively conduct through a telehealth platform. We are taking every precaution to make sure our in-person visits are safe and comfortable for all involved.
We understand that families may be anxious about returning to a doctor’s office. If you are worried about bringing your child to an appointment, we encourage you to ask questions and tell us about your concerns. We are confident in the procedures in place at all CHOP locations to deliver care safely.
WATCH: A Message from Our Clean Team
Telehealth Video Visits
Our clinic is actively using telehealth, including video visits, to continue providing care at this time when it is clinically safe and appropriate to do so. If your child has an upcoming follow-up visit scheduled, we may be contacting you to convert your existing visit to a Video Visit. In the meantime, we encourage you to sign in to your MyCHOP account to ensure you can successfully access your account.
Our phone number for all questions and scheduling needs is 215-590-7439. You can also reach us via MyCHOP. If you do not have MyCHOP access, please call our office to request activation and instructions. Even if you do not wish to conduct a Video Visit, there are many additional benefits to MyCHOP including enhanced communication with your child’s medical providers, requesting prescription refills, accessing test results, and managing appointments.
Rehab Video Visit Requirements
- Please call us at 215-590-7439 to schedule.
- Must have MyCHOP access and a phone, tablet, or computer with a webcam. It is strongly preferred that you use a mobile device (phone or tablet) with the MyCHOP (or MyChart) app installed (free via the Apple App Store or Google Play)
- Your child must be physically present for at least the exam portion of the visit. If your child is unavailable, we will reschedule the visit.
- Visits should be conducted from a quiet, well-lit room with enough space to assess your child’s movements and activities. This may include observing your child as they walk and might require more space than a small bedroom or office.
- If your child uses any assistive devices or equipment, please have these available for review during the visit. This includes braces, glasses, orthoses, prostheses, walkers, wheelchairs.
Additional safety information during the COVID-19 pandemic
IMPORTANT REMINDER: If you or your child develops a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, contact your medical provider immediately.Before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your/your child’s symptoms.They will coordinate safe testing and treatment and get you the care you need.
Read more about visitor restrictions, cleaning protocols, protective masks, and the many other safety measures in place:
We know this is a challenging time and we thank you for your understanding and partnership in keeping our patients, families and staff safe.