COVID-19 Vaccine Program: Teens and Young Adults
With the expansion of vaccine eligibility across the United States, including the FDA’s approval to extend Pfizer’s Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to ages 12 years and older, CHOP is focusing our vaccination efforts on eligible CHOP patients (ages 12-23).
Patients under the age of 18 can only receive the Pfizer vaccine.
CHOP's vaccine distribution plans: Current status
At this time, CHOP is offering COVID-19 vaccines at our primary care offices for eligible CHOP primary care patients.
If you are not currently a CHOP Primary Care patient, please talk to your personal primary care physician about the COVID-19 vaccine. You can also search the Vaccines.gov Vaccine Finder (available in English and Spanish) to find a vaccine provider near you.
We will update this site as the situation evolves, and we encourage you to check back frequently.
Scheduling COVID-19 vaccine appointments with CHOP
Eligible CHOP patients ages 12-23 can receive the COVID-19 vaccine at their CHOP primary care office during a routine well or sick visit, or make an appointment during our weekly vaccination clinics. Patients under the age of 18 can only receive the Pfizer vaccine.
How to schedule:
- For the easiest vaccine scheduling process, schedule an appointment online using the eligible patient’s MyCHOP account.
- Make sure you have an active MyCHOP account: Log in now to confirm your username and password, or contact your CHOP provider for a MyCHOP access code.
- Choose the eligible child’s profile; then click “Menu” > “Schedule an Appointment” > “Care Network (Primary Care).” When selecting reason for visit, choose "COVID Vaccine Appointment."
- Check back frequently for additional appointments slots and vaccination clinic updates.
- If you don’t have an active MyCHOP account, visit your Primary Care office’s website to schedule online with your practice.
- You can also call your primary care office to schedule a vaccination appointment.
*Remember when scheduling: you’ll need to return 3 weeks later for the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
If your child has received their first or both doses of the Pfizer vaccine at a location other than CHOP, please notify your primary care office.
Finding other vaccination sites close to home
We encourage you to check your local department of health websites for other vaccination programs available near you and enroll your child in any program that may be able to offer vaccination before CHOP. PLEASE NOTE: 12-18-year-olds can ONLY receive the Pfizer vaccine.
These city and state resources can help you find other vaccination sites:
- Vaccines.gov Vaccine Finder (available in English and Spanish)
- Philadelphia Department of Health Vaccine Clinics (available in English and Spanish)
- Pennsylvania Department of Health “Your Turn” vaccine finder tool
- New Jersey Department of Health Vaccine Scheduling System
- New Jersey Department of Health vaccine finder tool
- Delaware Division of Public Health vaccination waiting list
- Delaware Health and Social Services
We encourage you to make an appointment at a site that is convenient for your family.
If your child is vaccinated through another program, make sure to inform your primary care provider at your next appointment.
Resources for non-English speakers
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccines in other languages, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for resources in languages other than English.