COVID-19 Vaccine Program: Teens and Young Adults
With the expansion of vaccine eligibility across the United States, including the FDA’s approval to extend Pfizer’s Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to ages 12 years and older, CHOP is focusing our vaccination efforts on eligible CHOP patients (ages 12-23).
CHOP's vaccine distribution plans: Current status
At this time, CHOP is not receiving enough vaccine supply to vaccinate all eligible patients.
In order to be as fair and equitable as possible, eligible patients are being randomly selected for the opportunity to schedule a vaccination.
If you/your child is an eligible CHOP patient, you will be contacted when vaccine supply is available and we are able to offer a vaccination appointment.
We will update this site as the situation evolves, and we encourage you to check back frequently.
Scheduling COVID-19 vaccine appointments with CHOP
- CHOP is currently prioritizing our supply to vaccinate CHOP patients ages 12-23. Patients under the age of 18 can only receive the Pfizer vaccine.
- CHOP is contacting eligible patients in several ways, including email, text, phone and MyCHOP.
- You do not need to call or reach out. We will contact you when supply is available and we are able to offer an appointment.
- For the easiest vaccine scheduling process, make sure you have an active MyCHOP account and check it frequently for an invitation to schedule a vaccine appointment. Log in now to confirm your username and password, or contact your CHOP provider for a MyCHOP access code.
What you can do now
If you/your child are a CHOP patient and receive an invitation to schedule a vaccination appointment, select an appointment from the available time slots. Remember: you’ll need to return 3 weeks later for the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
Finding other vaccination sites close to home
The vaccine supply being provided to CHOP at this time is limited, and you may wait a long time for a vaccine appointment.
We encourage you to check your local department of health websites for other vaccination programs available near you and enroll your child in any program that may be able to offer vaccination before CHOP. PLEASE NOTE: 12-18-year-olds can ONLY receive the Pfizer vaccine.
These city and state resources can help you find other vaccination sites:
- Vaccines.gov Vaccine Finder (available in English and Spanish)
- Philadelphia Department of Health Vaccine Clinics (available in English and Spanish)
- Pennsylvania Department of Health “Your Turn” vaccine finder tool
- New Jersey Department of Health Vaccine Scheduling System
- New Jersey Department of Health vaccine finder tool
- Delaware Division of Public Health vaccination waiting list
- Delaware Health and Social Services
We encourage you to make an appointment at a site that is convenient for your family.
If your child is vaccinated through another program, make sure to inform your primary care provider at your next appointment.
Resources for non-English speakers
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccines in other languages, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for resources in languages other than English.