Join pediatric sub specialists from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for a CHOP Talks session — you'll improve your ability to diagnose, treat and manage common pediatric disorders, and learn more about the latest treatment breakthroughs and how they can benefit your patients.
- 8:15 a.m. — Registration & Light Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. — Evaluation and Management of Drug Resistant Epilepsy (DRE)
- 9:30 a.m. — Minimally Invasive Pediatric Epilepsy Surgery
- 10:30 a.m. — Q & A
- 11:00 a.m. — Adjourn
- Sara Fridinger, MD
Pediatric Neurologist in the Division of Neurology
- Benjamin Kennedy, MD
- Attending Neurosurgeon and the Director of Epilepsy and Functional Neurosurgery in the Division of Neurosurgery
Upon completion of this CME live activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss advantages to early referral in drug-resistant epilepsy (DRE), and the reduced morbidity of these modern techniques
- Define DRE
- Identify different steps in the evaluation of DRE
- Analyze the different treatment options available for DRE
- Describe modern minimally invasive surgical techniques for treating epilepsy
There is no charge for this program; however, registration is required. RSVP to Abe Cooperman by February 28, 2020 at email@example.com or 267-426-2506. Please provide your name, practice affiliation, credentials, work address, phone, fax and email address.
ACCME Accreditation Statement: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure Statement: Benjamin Kennedy MD, (Speaker), Sara Fridinger, MD (Speaker), Lisa Biggs, MD (Course Director) and Monica S. Williams, MS (CME Planner) have signed the CHOP CME Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships and have no relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest to disclose.
Services for People with Disabilities: If special arrangements are required for an individual with a disability to attend this meeting, please contact Abe Cooperman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-426-2506.