The CHOP Talks CME lecture series is an opportunity for pediatric subspecialists from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia to share their expertise with you.
At every CHOP Talks session, you’ll improve your ability to diagnose, treat and manage common pediatric disorders, and learn more about the latest treatment breakthroughs and how they can benefit your patients.
- 6:15 p.m. — Registration and Light Dinner
- 6:30 p.m. — Puberty Update for the Primary Care Provider
- 7:00 p.m. — Strategies to Assess Growth in Children
- 7:30 p.m. — Caring for Children with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) and Klinefelter’s Syndrome
- 8:00 p.m. — Adjourn
Vaneeta Bamba, MD
Medical Director of the Growth Center and Director of the Turner Syndrome Program
Christopher Gibson, MD
Maria Vogiatzi, MD
Pediatric Director of the Adrenal and Puberty Disorder Clinic
Upon completion of this CME live activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain growth abnormalities on growth curves.
- Explain the differences of pubertal timings and advancement in girls and boys.
- Review the definition and ages of precocious and delayed puberty.
- Recognize the appropriate preliminary laboratory and imaging studies needed when assessing growth/puberty abnormalities.
- Identify options for management and treatment of CAH and Klinefelter’s Syndrome.
There is no charge for this program; however, registration is required. RSVP to Abe Cooperman by Sept. 27, 2018, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-426-2506. Please provide your name, practice affiliation, credentials, work address, phone, fax and email address.
ACCME Accreditation Statement: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure Statement: Vaneeta Bamba, MD and Christopher Gibson, MD have signed and completed the CHOP CME Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships Form and have affirmed that neither they nor their spouse/partner/family member(s) have/ have had any relevant financial affiliations or financial relationships with a commercial interest within the past 12 months related directly or indirectly to this lecture that may pose a potential conflict of interest within the context of this lecture. Maria Vogiatzi, MD reported that she has contracted grant funding from Millendo Therapeutics; Spruce Bioscience and Neurocrine Bioscience (Site PI for multi-center industry-supported research in CAH).
Services for People with Disabilities: If special arrangements are required for an individual with a disability to attend this meeting, please contact Abe Cooperman at email@example.com or 267-426-2506.