The CHOP Talks CME lecture series is an opportunity for pediatric subspecialists from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia to share their expertise with you.
At every CHOP Talks session, you’ll improve your ability to diagnose, treat and manage common pediatric disorders, and learn more about the latest treatment breakthroughs and how they can benefit your patients.
- 8:15 a.m. — Registration & Light Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. — A Newborn and Toddler Come Into Your Waiting Room: A Urology Update
Mark Zaontz, MD
- 9 a.m. — Surgical Management of Otitis Media
Kavita Dedhia, MD
- 9:30 a.m. — Pediatric Sports Injuries Around the Knee
Brendan Williams, MD
- 10 a.m. — Break
- 10:15 a.m. — Sternal Defects and Appendicitis: Assessment, Management and Outcomes of Two Common Pediatric Surgical Conditions
Emily Partridge, MD, PhD, MHS
- 10:45 a.m. — Cleft Lip and Palate: How to Score a Big Smile!
Jordan Swanson, MD, MSc
- 11:15 a.m. — Q & A
- 11:30 a.m. — Adjourn
- Kavita Dedhia, MD
Attending Surgeon, Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Emily Partridge, MD, PhD, MHS
Attending Surgeon, Division of Pediatric General, Thoracic and Fetal Surgery
- Jordan Swanson, MD, MSc
Attending Surgeon, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Brendan Williams, MD
Attending Surgeon, Division of Orthopaedics and the Sports Medicine and Performance Center
- Mark Zaontz, MD
Attending Surgeon, Division of Urology
Upon completion of this CME live activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe core components of a team approach to optimal cleft care
- Discuss the urologic pathology that is seen in primary care practices
- Discuss the common presentation, steps in work up and surgical management of sternal defects, including pectus excavatum and pectus carniatum
- Recognize modifiable risk factors for otitis media
- Recognize pediatric sports-related knee injuries that should be referred to an orthopaedic surgeon
There is no charge for this program, however, registration is required. RSVP to Abe Cooperman by Friday, Feb. 28, 2020, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-426-2506. Please provide your name, practice affiliation, credentials, work address, phone, fax and email address.
ACCME Accreditation Statement: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure Statement: Disclosure Statement: Kavita Dedhia, MD (Speaker), Emily Partridge, MD, PhD, MHS (Speaker), Jordan Swanson, MD, MSc (Speaker), Brendan Williams, MD (Speaker), Mark Zaontz, MD (Speaker), Lisa Biggs, MD (Course Director) and Monica S. Williams, MS (CME Planner) have signed the CHOP CME Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships and have no relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest to disclose.
Services for People with Disabilities: If special arrangements are required for an individual with a disability to attend this meeting, please contact Abe Cooperman at email@example.com or 267-426-2506.