A Symposium on Hypertension, Lipid Abnormalities, and Obesity
A multidisciplinary team at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), including members from the Divisions of Cardiology, Nephrology, and Endocrinology, invite you to learn more about the assessment and management of cardiovascular risk factors in children. The symposium will include presentations on hypertension guidelines, obesity in children and adolescents, hyperlipidemia in children and adolescents, and more.
- 8 a.m. – Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. – Welcome and Introduction to Cardiac Disease Prevention - A New Frontier in Pediatric Cardiovascular Medicine: Christina McCabe, BSN, RN
- 8:45 a.m. – Obesity in Children and Adolescents: Camille Michaud, MD
- 9:10 a.m. – AAP Guidelines for Pediatric HTN — A Nephrologist’s Perspective: Kevin Meyers, MBBCh
- 9:35 a.m. – High Blood Pressure — A Cardiologist’s Perspective: Shobha Natarajan, MD
- 10 a.m. – Break
- 10:15 a.m. – Pediatric Hyperlipidemia — An Update: Julie Brothers, MD
- 10:40 a.m. - Pediatric Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD): Jennifer Panganiban, MD
- 11:05 a.m. – DASH Away High BP and Obesity with Diet and Exercise: Melodee Mendoza, MSN, and Elizabeth Wright, MS
- 11:45 a.m. – Panel Discussion / Q&A
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Abe Cooperman at email@example.com or 267-426-2506.
- Review current trends in obesity, screening for causes and sequelae of obesity, interventions and medical management
- Explain the new nomenclature and hypertension de nitions in children and review the new BP measurement, evaluation and management guidelines
- Review cardiovascular causes and cardiac impact of systemic hypertension in children and adolescents
- Describe the latest NHLBI screening guidelines for dyslipidemia in children and adolescents
- Discuss current diagnosis and treatment options in children with pediatric NAFLD
- Identify factors a ecting healthy lifestyle, dietary and physical interventions to reduce blood pressure, cholesterol levels and BMI
There is no charge for this program, however, registration is required. RSVP to Abe Cooperman by Friday, Oct. 19, 2018, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-426-2506.
Please provide your name, practice affiliation, credentials, work address, phone, fax and email address. Complimentary parking will be available, with details provided prior to the program.
Faculty is from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and/or the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
ACCME Accreditation Statement: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure Statement: Julie Brothers, MD; Christina McCabe, BSN, RN; Melodee Arevalo Mendoza, MSN, BSN, FNP-BC, CRNP, RN; Kevin E. Meyers, MBBCh, FASN; Camille Michaud, MD; Shobha S. Natarajan, MD; and Elizabeth Wright, MS, RD, CSP, LDN, FAND, have signed and completed the CHOP CME Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships Form and have a affirmed that neither they nor their spouse/partner/family member(s) have/have had any relevant financial affiliations or financial relationships with a commercial interest within the past 12 months related directly or indirectly to this lecture that may pose a potential conflict of interest within the context of these lectures.
Services for People with Disabilities: If special arrangements are required for an individual with a disability to attend this meeting, please contact Abe Cooperman at email@example.com or 267-426-2506.