Please join us for House Call: Critical Care Case Studies in the Community. Our CHOP/King of Prussia Hospital Pediatric Intensive Care Attendings will review cases picked up by Pediatricians and Emergency Medicine providers that escalate to an advanced level of needed pediatric care. Learn and discuss what it means to have critical care in your community available when needed.
- Recognize and initiate appropriate resuscitation for the critically ill child presenting with respiratory failure or shock.
- Review how to evaluate and manage critically ill infants, children, and adolescents who present with diagnoses that a general pediatrician sees in practice, including appropriate indications for physician consultation/patient transfer to pediatric intensive care.
- Discuss the application of physiologic monitoring and special technology treatment in the PICU setting.
- 6:00 p.m.: Welcome and Introduction by host Katie Lockwood, MD MEd
- 6:05 - 6:15 p.m.: KOPH Update
- 6:15 - 7:15 p.m.: Critical Care Case Studies in the Community
- 7:15 - 7:30 p.m.: Q&A Adjourn
Moderator and Q&A facilitator
- Kelly Martin, MD (Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Attending Physician in the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia)
- Heather Wolfe, MD (Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Attending Physician in the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia)
ACCME Accreditation Statement: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure Statement: Kelly Martin, MD, (Speaker), Cara Rakow, RN, MSN, CPNP (Speaker), Heather Wolfe, MD, (Speaker), Katie Lockwood, MD MEd, (CHOP Talks Course Director & Moderator), and Monica S. Williams (CME Planner) and others as appropriate have no relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest to disclose.