Please join us for the 3rd Annual International Robotic-assisted Laparoscopy Pediatric Urologic Surgery Workshop.
This non-CME workshop is coordinated by Aseem Shukla, MD, attending urologist and Director of minimally invasive surgery in the Division of Urology, and Arun Srinivasan, MD, attending urologist.
Individuals who participate in this workshop will:
- Understand various laparoscopic and robotic instrumentations and their utilization
- Learn the proper use of various laparoscopic ports and access techniques, and how to use and control robotic arms
- Practice simulation exercises in a dry lab, including both robotic and laparoscopic procedures
- Observe pediatric reconstructive urological cases utilizing robotic-assisted laparoscopic technology, including pyeloplasty, ureteral reimplantation and uretero-ureterostomy, depending on case availability
This course will consist of:
- Didactic lectures familiarizing participants with robotic instrumentation, operative techniques and minimally invasive reconstruction procedures
- Videos showing complex pediatric urologic reconstructive procedures
- Hands-on training in the use of various surgical ports; adjunct instrumentations for robotic surgery; and unique suture materials
- Access to a robotic console to complete live exercises with the da Vinci® Surgical System and utilize its proprietary video simulation trainer
- Observation of live surgeries in the operating room and extensive interactions with surgeons prior to and after surgical cases
Registration and fee
Cost to participate is $1,000. Checks should be made payable to Division of Urology, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
For more information and to RSVP, please contact Aseem Shukla, MD, at email@example.com or 215-590-7889, by April 6, 2018.