Through informative and experiential sessions, this town hall will help patients and families understand how integrative therapies such as yoga, massage, acupuncture and exercise can be part of routine cancer care to support cancer- and treatment-related symptoms and overall well-being.
This Town Hall is part of a monthly educational series, please stay tuned for more information on lectures to come in 2021.
CHOP experts speaking at the Town Hall
- Tracey Jubelirer, MD (pediatric oncologist)
- Tonia Kulp, MS, C-IAYT (yoga therapist)
- Doug McDaniel, DACM, L. Ac. (acupuncturist)
- Tiffany Silliman Cohen, LMT, CPMTII, CIMT (massage therapist)
- Kristen DeVirgilio, PT, DPT (physical therapist)
- Brian T. Vernau, MD CAQSM (physician, sports medicine)
- Branlyn W.DeRosa, PhD (psychologist)
Three learning objectives for families
- Learn about what integrative medicine is and what CHOP’s Integrative Oncology Program offers
- Understand the benefits of using integrative therapies such as yoga therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, physical activity in cancer care
- Learn how you can use integrative therapies at home to support symptom management and overall wellness
When you register, you will receive a confirmation email that includes the link to join the event.