National and international experts on food allergy from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) will review the latest treatments and diagnostic tools. This session will explore the latest developments in oral immunotherapy (OIT) for treating food allergies including the psychological stressors and the use of oral food challenges in diagnosing food allergies. The importance of family-patient-physician shared decision model in treating patients will also be discussed.
- Discuss current clinical research experience in food allergy
- Discuss future plans and expansion in food allergy
- Antonella Cianferoni, MD, PhD, is an attending physician in the Allergy Program at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Jonathan Spergel, MD, PhD, is Chief of the Allergy Program at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. He holds the Stuart E Starr Chair of Pediatrics.
- Gita Ram, MD, is an attending physician and Medical Director of the Oral Food Challenge Program with the Division of Allergy and Immunology at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Related specialties: allergy and immunology, general pediatrics