This one-day conference for hearing healthcare professionals will address the assessment and management of children with unilateral hearing loss. Presenters will share research, best practice guidelines, and outcomes of patients with unilateral hearing loss. Case studies highlighting patients with unilateral hearing loss from diagnosis through hearing technology recommendations and aural rehabilitation will also be discussed.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how timely diagnosis and implementation of hearing technology improves longitudinal outcomes for children with unilateral hearing loss
- List three benefits associated with consistent use of hearing technology on the language development of children with unilateral hearing loss
- Define listening effort as it pertains to school-aged children with unilateral hearing loss
- Define cognitive bias and identify how it can impact the diagnosis and management of unilateral hearing loss
- Compare and contrast the benefits across hearing technology options for unilateral hearing loss