Please join Katie Lockwood, MD, on her Pediatric Updates Webinar Series for a presentation by three members of the Head and Neck Disorders Program at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) titled Differential Diagnosis for Disorders of the Head and Neck.
The discussion will focus on lymphadenopathy, salivary gland disorders and congenital anomalies, answering questions about what outpatient radiographic and laboratory work ups are needed on the differential diagnoses. Additionally, key history and physical exam findings that require an expedited referral will be reviewed.
Meet the CHOP pediatric experts who will lead the discussion:
- Katie Lockwood, MD, Pediatrician, CHOP Primary Care, South Philadelphia
- Conor Devine, MD, Attending otolaryngologist
- Brian P. Dunham, MD, Attending otolaryngologist
- Ken Kazahaya, MD, MBA, FACS, Attending otolaryngologist
- Review a focused differential diagnosis for common pediatric head and neck lesions including lymphadenopathy, salivary gland disorders, and congenital anomalies.
- Discuss the appropriate outpatient radiographic and laboratory work up based on the differential diagnosis.
- Review key history and physical exam findings that require expedited referral to Otolaryngology.
- Discuss what a typical visit to the Head and Neck clinic would entail to aid the primary care provider when counseling patients and families about what to expect.
Contact: Katie Lockwood, MD, firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCME Accreditation Statement: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure Statement: Conor Devine, MD; Brian Dunham, MD; Ken Kazahaya, MD (Speakers), Katie Lockwood, MD (Course Director), Monica S. Williams (CME Planner) have no relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest to disclose.