Please join us for our monthly COVID-19 update for a comprehensive review on recent variants and spread, vaccines, trials, MIS-C, and The New Normal. Susan Coffin, MD, MPH will provide an update on Covid-19 in our region, across our nation and around the globe with a specific update on the variants. Paul Offit, MD will review the current state of vaccine options. Jeffrey Gerber, MD PhD will review the COVID-19 Clinical Trials in Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and an update on MIS-C, what we have learned and Sarah Townsend, will describe from Infection and Prevention what the NEW NORMAL looks like. All speakers will participate in our Question and Answer Session to address your questions.
- Welcome/Moderator: Donna Stephenson, MD
- Attending Physician, Medical Director of Operations and Outreach for the
- Division of Neurology and Medical Director for Community Advisory Group
- Susan Coffin, MD, MPH, Associate Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases and Attending Physician for the Division of Infectious Diseases, a core faculty member of the Center for Pediatric Clinical Effectiveness at CHOP, and a professor of Pediatrics at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Paul Offit, MD, Director of the Vaccine Education Center and professor of pediatrics in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. He is the Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Jeffrey S. Gerber, MD PhD, Attending Physician in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Medical Director of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, and Senior Scholar within the Penn Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
- Sarah Townsend, Infection Control Manager at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- 6:00 p.m. Welcome: Donna Stephenson, MD
- 6:05 - 6:15 p.m. Current State of COVID-19 and Variants
- 6:15 - 6:30 p.m. Current State of Vaccine Options with Discussion on Effectiveness Against Variants
- 6:30 - 6:50 p.m. Clinical Pediatric Vaccine Trials at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and MIS-C
- 6:50 - 7:00 p.m. Update on the NEW NORMAL
- 7:00 - 7:15 p.m. Question and Answer Panel Discussion - All speakers