Please join us for our monthly Pediatric Partners COVID-19 Town Hall: Variants, Vaccines and Clinical Trials. Susan Coffin, MD MPH will provide an update on COVID-19 in our region, across our nation and around the globe with a specific update on the variants. Paul Offit, MD will review the current state of vaccine options available, with a discussion on their effectiveness against different variants. Jeffrey Gerber, MD PhD will review the COVID-19 Clinical Trials in Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. All speakers will participate in our Question and Answer Session to address your questions.
- Welcome/Moderator: Donna Stephenson, MD, Attending Physician, Medical Director of Operations and Outreach for the Division of Neurology and Medical Director for Community Advisory Group
- Susan Coffin, MD, MPH, Associate Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases and Attending Physician for the Division of Infectious Diseases, a core faculty member of the Center for Pediatric Clinical Effectiveness at CHOP, and a professor of Pediatrics at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Paul Offit, MD, Director of the Vaccine Education Center and professor of pediatrics in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. He is the Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Jeffrey S. Gerber, MD PhD Attending Physician in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Medical Director of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, and Senior Scholar within the Penn Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
- 6:00 p.m. Welcome: Donna Stephenson, MD
- 6:05 - 6:20 p.m. Current State of COVID-19 and Variants
- 6:20 - 6:40 p.m. Current State of Vaccine Options with Discussion on Effectiveness Against Variants
- 6:40 - 6:55 p.m. Clinical Pediatric Vaccine Trials at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- 6:55 - 7:15 p.m. Question and Answer Panel Discussion - All speakers