Just like adults, teens and tweens experience stress and may greatly benefit from tools to deal with their complicated modern lives. Mindfulness techniques have been shown to decrease stress and anxiety, which can increase happiness in life. This four-week program, a partnership with Penn’s Program for Mindfulness, will provide individuals in this age group with a full introduction to mindfulness. In addition, it will provide:
- Tools to decrease the effects of stress
- Ways to increase focus and attention
- Help with emotional regulation
- Improved communication skills
- Increased sense of wellness
- Less reactivity and better ability to respond to challenges
Four Sundays from Oct. 7, 14,21 and 28
Tweens (grades 6 – 8): 1 :30-3:00 p.m.
Teens (grades 9 – 12): 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Roberts Center for Pediatric Research, 2716 South St., 2nd Floor
About the Instructor
Bidi McSorley, MD, is a pediatrician and a pioneer in introducing mindfulness into children’s healthcare.