Just like adults, teens and tweens experience stress and may greatly benefit from tools to deal with their complicated modern lives. Mindfulness techniques have been shown to decrease stress and anxiety, which can increase happiness in life. This four-week program, a partnership with Penn’s Program for Mindfulness, will provide individuals in this age group with a full introduction to mindfulness. In addition, the program will provide:
- Tools to decrease the effects of stress
- Ways to increase focus and attention
- Help with emotional regulation
- Improved communication skills
- Increased sense of wellness
- Less reactivity and better ability to respond to challenges
- Feb. 23, 2020
- March 1, 8, 15, 2020
Tweens (grades 6 – 8): 1:30 - 3 p.m.
Teens (grades 9 – 12): 3:30 – 5 p.m.
Roberts Center for Pediatric Research
2716 South St., 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Registration is now open. The registration fee is $195 per attendee.
About the instructor
Bidi McSorley, MD, is a pediatrician and a pioneer in introducing mindfulness into children’s healthcare.