For more than 30 years, the Trauma Program at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia has been committed to the care of traumatically injured children and their families. We understand that the road from trauma to recovery extends far beyond hospitalization. We are excited to celebrate National Trauma Survivors Day in conjunction with the Trauma Survivors Network. Together we will celebrate the triumphs and honor the challenges of life after injury. Please join us to share in our message of hope and support.
Register and you’ll be sent a link to join us for:
- A magician
- Mindfulness yoga
- A speaker from a trauma survivor family
Program begins | 3:30 p.m. – 3:35 p.m.
Welcome & opening remarks | 3:35 p.m. – 3:40 p.m.
- Doug Hock, Executive Vice President and Chief Operation Officer
Welcome remarks | 3:40 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Michael L. Nance, MD, FACS, FAAP, Director of the Pediatric Trauma Program
A chop patient’s perspective | 3:45 p.m. – 3:50 p.m.
- Ms. Elizabeth Kearney, Patient/Family Speaker
Activity #1 – Virtual magician | 3:50 p.m. – 4:10 p.m.
- Brian R., About Faces Entertainment
Activity #2 – Music therapy | 4:10 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Lydia Westle, Board Certified Music Therapist, Certified Hospice & Palliative Care Music Therapist
Activity #3 – Mindfulneess yoga | 4:30 p.m. – 4:50 p.m.
- Tonia D. Kulp, MS, C-IAYT, Integrative Therapist
Butterfly release & Closing remarks | 4:50 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Jennifer Kovic, MSW LSW, Social Worker, Trauma-Acutely Injured
- Diane H. Perks, DNP, CRNP, Trauma Program Manager